The implementation of the project for the prevention of extremism has been underway since 2020 in 9 pilot communities:
1. Balykchy city of Issyk-Kul oblast;
2. Kochkor aiyl okmotu of Naryn oblast;
3. Kara-Balta city of Chui oblast;
4. Kara-Buura aiyl okmotu of Talas oblast;
5. Chek-Abad aiyl okmotu of Osh oblast;
6. Nookat City, Osh oblast;
7. Bazar-Korgon ai okmotu of Jalal-Abad oblast;
8. Aidarken town of Batken oblast;
9. Isfana town of Batken oblast.
STRIVE Asia's overall goal is to contribute to the prevention of violent extremism (PVE) in Central Asia, Southeast Asia, and South Asia through a collaborative multi-stakeholder approach, including governments, security actors, local governments and communities, civil society, academia, media, and the private sector.
Photos from event available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWLFe6g
Contacts for media: Nurzhan Alymkanova, Communications Specialist, 0555068833, firstname.lastname@example.org