Climate Risk Management in Kyrgyzstan
About the project
The objective of this project is to strengthen resilience of herder communities by improving Climate Risk Management (CRM) in Kyrgyzstan’s Suusamyr valley. As part of the project UNDP addresses climate-related disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation through resilient pasture management practices, institutional changes and bringing international experience.
- Enabling environment for integration of climate risk management on systemic, institutional and individual levels.
- Climate resilient pasture management demonstrated in Suusamyr valley.
- Knowledge management and lessons learned for climate risk management.
Who finances it?
|Bureau for Crisis Prevention and Recovery||$600,000|
- Start Date
- 10 October 2010
- Estimated End Date
- 31 December 2014
- Geographic Coverage
- Suusamyr valley, Chui province.
- Project Officer
- Daniar Ibragimov
- Ministry of Agriculture of the Kyrgyz Republic, State Agency for Environment Protection & Forestry