Support to operationalization of the Constitutional Chamber of the Supreme Court of the Kyrgyz Republic
About the project
The main goal of the project is to ensure democratic stability and balance of powers to promote the rule of law and prevention of new conflicts in the Kyrgyz Republic by supporting activities of the newly established Constitutional Chamber (CC) in accordance with international standards through:
- Creating favorable conditions for the effective operation of the CC;
- Promote CC in building effective communication with the community to improve the perception and understanding of the citizens of the mission, role and functions of the CC;
- Development of institutional capacity for quality manual of constitutional justice.
The project is implemented in close cooperation with the Constitutional Chamber with Supreme Court of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe.
- Develop medium-term development strategy and plan of action;
- Develop the programme budget for 2016;
- Strengthening the capacity of judges and the CC;
- Increase public awareness of the role and functions of the CC.
The project has supported the CC in the implementation of such important initiatives as:
- Conduct an international conference in Kyrgyzstan with the participation of representatives and judges of the Constitutional Courts of the CIS countries and the European Union. The participants shared experiences and discussed problematic issues of constitutional proceedings;
- Involvement of international experts for training, consultation and exchange of experience and international practices on specific issues the work of constitutional courts;
- The organization the first Summer School on Constitutional Justice to raise awareness of practitioners, managers, teachers, students, civic leaders and others.
Source of funding